[Version en anglais]
Sunday 9th June 2013: Good morning and here is today’s information for the Chamonix valley.
* Aiguille du Midi – the téléphérique de l’Aiguille du Midi (cable car) is open. The elevator to the summit terrace on Piton Central is open. The Panoramic Mont-Blanc gondola (the link between the Aiguille du Midi and Pointe Helbronner in Italy) is closed until Saturday 15th June 2013.
For more details of this unique site, click here:
* Montenvers/Mer de Glace – the Montenvers train, the Crystals Gallery, the Glaciorium and the Montenvers Hotel are available. The Glaciorium is open from 09:00. Information for the opening of the Grotte de Glace (Ice Cave) and the télécabine (gondola) at 10:30 on this link:
Read general information about this historic site here:
* Grands Montets – the ski area is closed for the winter season. The site will reopen on Saturday 29th June 2013 for the summer. General information about the Grands Montets is here:
* Brévent-Flégère – the site is closed for winter and will reopen on Saturday 15th June 2013 for the summer season. General information about this site is here:
* Balme/Tour/Vallorcine – the area is closed for the season. The site will reopen on Saturday 15th June 2013 for the summer (the Vallorcine area will reopen from Saturday 29th June 2013). Read more about the Balme area here:
* les Houches – the area is closed. The site will reopen for summer from Saturday 15th June 2013. More information is here:
* Tramway du Mont-Blanc – the railway is closed for the winter and will reopen on Saturday 15th June 2013 for the summer season. For more information about the railway, which is the highest rack railway in France, follow this link:
Today’s weather forecast is here:
Have a great day!
Aiguille du Midi cable car and the Aiguille du Midi 3842m
[Téléphérique de l'Aiguille du Midi et l'Aiguille du Midi 3842m]
Photo © Arnaud Bachelard