Sunday 21st April 2013: Good morning and here is today’s information for the Chamonix valley.
* Brévent – the ski area is open. The téléphérique du Brévent (Brévent cable car) is closed. The téléphérique liaison Brévent/Flégère (cable car that links the Brévent and Flégère areas) and the big airbag (near the Altitude 2000 draglift) are both closed for the season. Beware: the Brévent ski area will close tonight for the winter season and the site will reopen on Saturday 15th June 2013 for the summer season.
General information about this site is here:
* Flégère – the ski area is open. The téléphérique liaison Brévent/Flégère (the cable car that links the Brévent and Flégère areas), the télésiège de la Chavanne (Chavanne chair lift) and the téléski de la Floria (Floria draglift) are closed for the winter season. Beware: the Flégère ski area will close from the evening of Sunday 28th April 2013 for the winter season and the site will reopen on Saturday 15th June 2013 for the start of the summer season. More information is here:
* Grands Montets – the ski area is open. Beware: the Grands Montets ski area will close from the evening of Sunday 12th May 2013 (end of the winter season) and will reopen on Saturday 29th June 2013 for summer. General information about the Grands Montets is here:
* Balme/Tour/Vallorcine – the ski area is open. It’s the end-of-season party today for the Balme area (Balme en folie), read more here:
Beware: the Balme ski area will close tonight for the winter season. The site will reopen on Saturday 15th June 2013 for the summer season (the Vallorcine area will reopen from Saturday 29th June 2013). Read more about the Balme area here:
* les Houches – the ski area is open. Beware: the ski area of Houches will close tonight for the winter season and the site will reopen for summer from Saturday 15th June 2013. More information is here:
* Aiguille du Midi – the téléphérique de l’Aiguille du Midi (cable car) is open. The elevator to the summit terrace on Piton Central is open. The Panoramic Mont-Blanc gondola (link between the Aiguille du Midi and Pointe Helbronner in Italy) is closed until Saturday 15th June 2013. For more details of this unique site, click here:
* Montenvers/Mer de Glace – the Montenvers train, the Glaciorium and the Montenvers Hotel are available. The Crystals Gallery is closed today. The Glaciorium is open from 11:30. Information on the opening of the Ice Cave and the gondola at 12:00 on this link:
Read general information about this historic site here:
* Tramway du Mont-Blanc – the railway is closed for the winter and will reopen on Saturday 15th June 2013 for the summer season. For more information about the railway, which is the highest rack railway in France, follow this link:
Today’s weather forecast is here:
Have a great day!
The Balme ski area, from Charamillon, this morning
[Le domaine skiable de Balme, depuis Charamillon, ce matin]
21 April [avril] 2013
Photo © Compagnie du Mont Blanc
Other webcams on this link:
[Les autres webcams sur ce lien: