Saturday 27th April 2013: Good morning and here is today’s information for the Chamonix valley.
* Grands Montets – the ski area is open. Beware: the Grands Montets ski area will close from the evening of Sunday 12th May 2013 (end of the winter season) and will reopen on Saturday 29th June 2013 for summer. General information about the Grands Montets is here:
* Flégère – the ski area is open with the téléphérique de la Flégère (Flégère cable car) and the télésièges Index et Trappe (Index and Trappe chairlifts). The following pistes are open: Pylones, Pic Janvier, Trappe and Libellules. The téléphérique liaison Brévent/Flégère (the cable car that links the Brévent and Flégère areas) is now closed for the winter season.
Beware: the Flégère ski area will close from the evening of Sunday 28th April 2013 for the winter season and will reopen for summer on Saturday 15th June 2013. More information is here:
* Aiguille du Midi – the téléphérique de l’Aiguille du Midi (cable car) is open. The elevator to the summit terrace on Piton Central is open. The Panoramic Mont-Blanc gondola (link between the Aiguille du Midi and Pointe Helbronner in Italy) is closed until Saturday 15th June 2013. For more details of this unique site, click here:
* Montenvers/Mer de Glace – the Montenvers train, the Crystals Gallery, the Glaciorium and the Montenvers Hotel are available. The Glaciorium is open from 10:30. Information on the opening of the Ice Cave and the gondola at 10:30 on this link:
Read general information about this historic site here:
* Brévent – the site is now closed for winter and will reopen on Saturday 15th June 2013 for the summer season. General information about this site is here:
* Balme/Tour/Vallorcine – the area is now closed for the season. The site will reopen on Saturday 15th June 2013 for the summer season (the Vallorcine area will reopen from Saturday 29th June 2013). Read more about the Balme area here:
* les Houches – the area is now closed. The site will reopen for summer from Saturday 15th June 2013. More information is here:
* Tramway du Mont-Blanc – the railway is closed for the winter and will reopen on Saturday 15th June 2013 for the summer season. For more information about the railway, which is the highest rack railway in France, follow this link:
Today’s weather forecast is here:
Have a great day!
Montenvers/Mer de Glace – la vue vers le Grand Hôtel
[Montenvers/Mer de Glace - the view towards the Grand Hotel]
27 April [avril] 2013
Photo © Compagnie du Mont Blanc
Other webcams on this link:
[Les autres webcams sur ce lien: