Saturday 16th March 2013: Good morning and here is today’s information for the Chamonix valley.
* Brévent – the ski area is open. The big airbag (near the Altitude 2000 draglift) is being prepared for opening. General information about this site is here:
* Flégère – the ski area is open. More information here:
* Grands Montets – the ski area is open. Beware: téléphérique des Grands Montets (top cable car) – bookings are full for today! Read more general information about this site here:
* Balme/Tour/Vallorcine – the ski area is open. Read more about Balme here:
* les Houches – the ski area is open. Read more here:
* Aiguille du Midi – the téléphérique de l’Aiguille du Midi (cable car) is open. The elevator to the summit terrace on Piton Central is open. The Panoramic Mont-Blanc gondola (link between the Aiguille du Midi & Pointe Helbronner in Italy) is closed until summer 2013.
For more details of this unique site, click here:
* Montenvers/Mer de Glace – the Montenvers train, the Crystals Gallery and the Montenvers Hotel are available. The Glaciorium is open from 10:30. Information on the opening of the Ice Cave and the gondola at 10:30 on this link:
Read general information about this historic site here:
* Tramway du Mont-Blanc – the railway is open. Beware: the line between Bellevue and the Nid d’Aigle is closed for the winter season, therefore the train will terminate at Bellevue. Read more about the railway on this link:
Today’s weather forecast is here:
Have a good day!
Balme area – view from Charamillon
[Domaine de Balme - vue depuis Charamillon]
Photo © Compagnie du Mont-Blanc
Other webcams on this link:
[Les autres webcams sur ce lien]: