Compagnie du Mont Blanc : ski pass for Chamonix ski areas, France. Ski pass, weather, webcam, informations and map for Chamonix Mont-Blanc, Aiguille du Midi, Montenvers Mer de Glace, Brevent Flegere, the Grands Montets, Balme tour Vallorcine and Mont Blanc tramway.
Wednesday 26th December 2012: Good morning & here is today’s information for the Chamonix valley.
* Brévent – the ski area is open. More details here:
* Flégère – the ski area is open. More information here:
* Grands Montets – the ski area is open. Beware: the téléphérique des Grands Montets (cable car) 2nd stage from Lognan to the Aiguille des Grands Montets (summit) is currently closed, more information at 12:00 on this link:
* Balme/Tour/Vallorcine – the ski area is open. More information here:
* les Houches – the ski area is open. Read more here:
* Aiguille du Midi – the téléphérique de l’Aiguille du Midi (cable car) is open. The elevator to the summit terrace on Piton Central is open. The Panoramic Mont-Blanc gondola (link between the Aiguille du Midi & Pointe Helbronner in Italy) is closed until summer 2013. For more details of this unique site, click here:
* Montenvers/Mer de Glace – the Montenvers train, the Glaciorium, the Montenvers Hotel and the Crystals Gallery are open. More details on the opening of the Ice Cave & gondola should be available on 27th December. There’s more information about this historic site here:
* Tramway du Mont-Blanc – the railway is currently being prepared for opening, safety control work is ongoing. Beware: the train will terminate at Bellevue. The line between Bellevue and the Nid d’Aigle is closed for the winter season. More information at 13:00 on this link:
Today’s weather forecast is here:
Have a great day!!