Compagnie du Mont Blanc : ski pass for Chamonix ski areas, France. Ski pass, weather, webcam, informations and map for Chamonix Mont-Blanc, Aiguille du Midi, Montenvers Mer de Glace, Brevent Flegere, the Grands Montets, Balme tour Vallorcine and Mont Blanc tramway.
Sunday 28th October 2012: Good morning everybody and here is today’s information for the Chamonix valley.
* Aiguille du Midi – the téléphérique de l’Aiguille du Midi (cable car) is being prepared for opening. Next information at 11:00 on this link:
The Panoramic Mont-Blanc gondola – link between the Aiguille du Midi & Pointe Helbronner in Italy – is closed until next summer.
For further information about this unique site, click here:
* Montenvers/Mer de Glace – the Montenvers train, the Glaciorium and the Crystals Gallery are open. The Ice Cave & gondola will reopen on 22nd December 2012. The Montenvers Hotel is closed. There’s more information about this historic site here: http://www.compagniedumontblanc.co.uk/en/site-overview/montenvers-mer-de-glace
* Brévent – the site is open until 11th November 2012 inclusive with the télécabine de Planpraz (Planpraz gondola) only. Note: the Brévent cable car will remain closed during this period. Further information can be found on this link:
* Tramway du Mont-Blanc – the railway is now closed for the summer season but will be open during the holidays from 1st November to 4th November 2012 inclusive. More info here:
* Grands Montets – the site is closed but may be partially open for skiing some weekends in November according to snow coverage and conditions, otherwise it is planned for the ski area to reopen on 8th December 2012. More details here:
* Flégère – the site is closed. The ski area will reopen on 22nd December 2012.
* les Houches – the site is closed. The ski area will reopen on 22nd December 2012.
* Balme/Tour/Vallorcine – the site is closed. The ski area will reopen on 22nd December 2012.
Today’s weather forecast is here (it’s quite cold!):
Enjoy your day!