Compagnie du Mont Blanc : ski pass for Chamonix ski areas, France. Ski pass, weather, webcam, informations and map for Chamonix Mont-Blanc, Aiguille du Midi, Montenvers Mer de Glace, Brevent Flegere, the Grands Montets, Balme tour Vallorcine and Mont Blanc tramway.
Sunday 14th October 2012: Good morning and here is today’s information for the Chamonix valley.
* Aiguille du Midi – the téléphérique de l’Aiguille du Midi (cable car) is open. The elevator to the summit terrace on Piton Central is open. The Panoramic Mont-Blanc gondola – link between the Aiguille du Midi & Pointe Helbronner in Italy – is closed until next summer. For more details of this unique site, click here:
* Montenvers/Mer de Glace – the site is currently on its annual closure from 1st October to 26th October inclusive. It will reopen on 27th October with the Montenvers train, the Glaciorium and the crystal gallery. The Ice Cave and gondola will reopen on 22nd December 2012. There’s more information about this historic site here: http://www.compagniedumontblanc.co.uk/en/site-overview/montenvers-mer-de-glace
* Tramway du Mont-Blanc – the railway is now closed for the summer season but will be open during the holidays from 1st November to 4th November inclusive. More info here:
* Brévent – the site is closed but will reopen for the holidays from 27th October to 11th November. Note: the Brévent cable car will not be available during this period. Further information on this link:
* Grands Montets – the site is closed but may be partially open for skiing some weekends in November according to snow coverage and conditions, otherwise it is planned for the ski area to reopen on 8th December 2012. More details here:
* Flégère – the site is closed. The ski area will reopen on 22nd December 2012.
* les Houches – the site is closed. The ski area will reopen on 22nd December 2012.
* Balme/Tour/Vallorcine – the site is closed. The ski area will reopen on 22nd December 2012.
Today’s weather forecast is on this link: