Compagnie du Mont Blanc : ski pass for Chamonix ski areas, France. Ski pass, weather, webcam, informations and map for Chamonix Mont-Blanc, Aiguille du Midi, Montenvers Mer de Glace, Brevent Flegere, the Grands Montets, Balme tour Vallorcine and Mont Blanc tramway.
Sunday 16th September 2012: Good morning and here is today’s information for the Chamonix valley.
* Aiguille du Midi – the téléphérique de l’Aiguille du Midi (cable car) is open. The elevator to the summit terrace on Piton Central is open. The Panoramic Mont-Blanc gondola – link between the Aiguille du Midi & Pointe Helbronner in Italy – is now closed for the summer season. For more information about this unique site, click here:
* Montenvers/Mer de Glace – The Montenvers train, the Glaciorium, the Ice Cave, the gondola and the crystal gallery are open. More information here:
* Tramway du Mont-Blanc – the railway is currently open but terminates at the Mont Lachat station. The Nid d’Aigle is closed for summer 2012 due to maintenance work. The site will close at the end of the summer season on September 23rd, in the evening. For more information about the railway click here: http://www.compagniedumontblanc.co.uk/en/site-overview/tramway-du-mont-blanc
* Brévent – the site is open with the télécabine de Planpraz only (Planpraz gondola). The site will close this evening (September 16th) at the end of the summer season.
* Flégère – the site is open with the téléphérique de la Flégère (Flégère cable car) & the télésiège de l’Index (Index chairlift). Note: mountainbikes are not allowed on the Index chairlift. The cable car linking the Flégère and Brévent sites is closed. The site will close this evening (September 16th) at the end of the summer season.
* les Houches – the site is open with the téléphérique de Bellevue only (Bellevue cable car). The site will close at the end of the summer season on September 23rd, in the evening.
* Grands Montets – this site is now closed.
* Balme/Tour/Vallorcine – the area is now closed.
Today’s weather forecast is on this link, and it’s looking good!:
Have a good day!!