Compagnie du Mont Blanc : ski pass for Chamonix ski areas, France. Ski pass, weather, webcam, informations and map for Chamonix Mont-Blanc, Aiguille du Midi, Montenvers Mer de Glace, Brevent Flegere, the Grands Montets, Balme tour Vallorcine and Mont Blanc tramway.
Sunday 2nd September 2012: Good morning and here is today’s information for the Chamonix valley.
* Aiguille du Midi – the téléphérique de l’Aiguille du Midi (cable car) is open. The elevator to the summit terrace on Piton Central is open. The Panoramic Mont-Blanc gondola – link between the Aiguille du Midi & Pointe Helbronner in Italy – is currently on standby. Current site status information is here: http://www.compagniedumontblanc.co.uk/en/lifts-chamonix
* Montenvers/Mer de Glace – The Montenvers train, the Glaciorium, the Ice Cave and the crystal gallery are open. The gondola is currently on standby due to strong winds. Check this link for current site status:
* Tramway du Mont-Blanc – the railway is currently open until September 23rd inclusive but terminates at the Mont Lachat station. The Nid d’Aigle is closed for summer 2012 due to maintenance work. For more information about the railway click here: http://www.compagniedumontblanc.co.uk/en/site-overview/tramway-du-mont-blanc
* Grands Montets – the site is open until 9th September inclusive with the téléphérique de Lognan (Lognan cable car) and the téléphérique des Grands Montets (Grands Montets cable car).
* Brévent – the site is open until September 16th inclusive with the télécabine de Planpraz (Planpraz gondola) and the téléphérique du Brévent (Brévent cable car). Beware: the Brévent cable car will close from the evening of September 2nd onwards.
* Flégère – the site is open until September 16th inclusive with the téléphérique de la Flégère (Flégère cable car) & the télésiège de l’Index (Index chairlift). Note: mountainbikes are not currently allowed on the Index chairlift.
* Balme/Tour/Vallorcine – the area is open until September 9th inclusive with the télécabine de Charamillon (Charamillon gondola) and the télésiège des Autannes (Autannes chairlift). The green MTB piste (les Marmottes) is closed, the blue MTB piste is open. The télécabine de Vallorcine (Vallorcine gondola) is open until 2nd September inclusive. The DH course is open (black piste).
* les Houches – this site is open until September 23rd inclusive. Both the téléphérique de Bellevue (Bellevue cable car) and the télécabine du Prarion (Prarion gondola) are available. Beware: the Prarion gondola will close from the evening of September 2nd onwards.
Today’s weather forecast is here:
Have a good day!!